Artists will tell you that when they take the time to quiet their mind and begin to create something artistic, it is incredibly grounding. Yogis refer to this experience as bliss. They both come from a place where you quiet your mind and let your soul take shape from within you. Creation.
Yoga is most often thought of as finding ease within the body, and in opening yourself up you are more likely to harness creative energy.
Our Yoga and Art retreat is a blend of two disciplines that are intimately dancing in this retreat. Mornings will be spent developing your yoga practice and afternoons will center around the arts. The magic of this retreat lies in the moments that will elevate you as we share with you opportunities to help you unlock your creative, blissful self.
We believe that Heartwood Art & Yoga Retreats are the perfect opportunities to nourish your mind & body.
HEARTWOOD Yoga and Art Retreats
July 19 – 21, 2013
September 20 – 22, 2013
Arrive Friday July 19 or September 20, 2013 – 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Depart Sunday, July 21 or September 22, 2013 – 4:00 pm onward …
Our Yoga and Art retreats are all inclusive
Prices also include:
- Farm to Table Organic Meals, smoothies, treats… a wood-oven pizza fest…
- Full Moon Drum Circle
- An early morning yoga hike in and on trails where you will experience the hemlocks, waterfalls and old growth forests in rural North Georgia.
- Guided yin yoga each morning before your art classes and after dinner taught by Yoga Instructors, Christina Law and Ken Banwart.
- Afternoon fine art classes featuring sculpting and handbuilding with Clay, taught by professional local artist, Lynn Marie Dwyer.
- Optional, but available scheduled services or classes include: Thai Massage, Superfoods Nutrition Class, traditional massage appointments.
Our Yoga and Art retreats are held on the grounds of Heartwood; a sustainable beautiful community nestled in the Appalachian mountains, in Blue Ridge Georgia. We offer organic farming and produce, availability to organic cheeses and farm raised organic meats. Orders for these products will be done prior to attendance, and delivery of your orders, if any will be there for you as you depart. Our food and plant selections will be presented three weeks prior to each retreat.
We have yoga professionals, massage therapists, artists and organic gardeners in the community participating in the retreat. Every detail of this weekend is an effort to nourish your body and mind. From the delicious organic local foods, to the side trips planned to inspire and enrich your creative process, you will have the opportunity to experience the best Heartwood has to offer.
Price: $ 425.00 all inclusive – Retreats are limited to ten people
Please complete the following short form to register for the retreat.